N . C . I . C Recruitment Portal
The National Council for Population and Development (NCPD) is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency in the Ministry of Devolution and Planning. The Council seeks to fill a vacant position of Deputy Director Finance and Accounts-NCPD 3.
Reporting to: Director Corporate Services.
The job holder provides strategic leadership in the establishment and enforcement of accounting methods, policies and principles; coordinates financial management and control systems; and guides the Council on financial matters.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Analyzing and reporting on financial performance
- Coordinates development, implementation and review of the division’s strategic plan and directing financial planning.
- Researching and interpreting accounting policies so as to provide sound financial support and insights to enable the council make sound decisions.
- Managing financial reporting of the Council which includes quarterly reports and donor/partners financial reports
- Managing and overseeing compliance with statutory requirements.
- Managing the External Auditor relationship
- Managing and overseeing the council's banking arrangements
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Risk Management to ensure the Council has a solid risk framework in place for the division.
- Prepare reports on financial statements, project budgets and Donor/GOK
- Coach, mentor staff.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have at least the following qualifications:-
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (Accounting/Finance option); Economics, Finance, Commerce or equivalent;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business Administration/Finance/Accounts or related;
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme/Course lasting not less not than four (4) weeks or its equivalent;
- CPA or ACCA finalist,CPAK
- Nine (9) years of relevant work experience, five (5) of which must be at managerial level;
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body in good standing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and accounting packages and ERP